ArtVilnius Council Announced
The organizers of the Contemporary Art Fair ArtVilnius are proud to present the Council of the fair. It consists of representatives of ArtVilnius sponsors, leaders of various fields, and professionals in the field of art. It is an expert group of art lovers and art professionals that advises us on important issues. The council will have an advisory voice in creating the content of ArtVilnius, strengthening the art market in Lithuania, implementing innovative ideas, facilitating international communication, disseminating art, etc.
The members of the council are the ambassadors of the fair, representing the importance of the event, contributing to the diverse development of culture and art. It currently has 8 members, but it is not a limiting or finite number, it is open to people who want to contribute to the creation and improvement of ArtVilnius, to help young artists.
ArtVilnius Council members:
- Dr. Irmantas Norkus – managing partner of ArtVilnius Maecenas, the law firm Cobalt, founder of the Best Young ArtVilnius Artist Award
- Vilius Kavaliauskas – collector, art patron, Chairman of the Board of the Lewben Art Foundation, Member of the Board of the Juozas Kavaliauskas Memorial Charitable Foundation and General Manager of the private equity company Equite
- Prof. dr. Raminta Jurėnaitė – art historian, critic, and curator of exhibitions, Doctor of Art History, professor at the Vilnius Academy of Arts, the first art director of ArtVilnius (until 2013), one of the creators of the MO Museum collection.
- Žaneta Fomova – collector, art patron, entrepreneur, head of the outdoor advertising campaign JCDecaux Lietuva, and founder of the exhibition series JCDecaux Prize.
- Daiva Lialytė – head and member of the board of the public relations company Integrity PR, professor at Vilnius University, chairwoman of the board of the Crisis Management Center, member of the board of the organizations SOS Vaikų Kaimas and Rupert Arts and Education Center, and member of the association of public relations agencies Garbės Teismas.
- Neringa Bumblienė – contemporary art curator, art critic, adviser and designer. She works as a curator at the Contemporary Art Centre in Vilnius and curates the Lithuanian Pavilion at the 59th Venice Biennale in 2022.
- Justė Jonutytė – curator, art historian and contemporary art market expert. Founder of TEMA Projects, director of Rupert (2013-2019), and Board member at Rupert and the Lithuanian Cultural Institute.
- Virginijus Kinčinaitis – art researcher, critic, photographer, organizer and participant of international and national art projects, exhibitions, and campaigns.