As is the case every year, ArtVilnius’20 hosted a selection of its best exhibitors.
- President of the jury – Dr. Julija Reklaitė, head of Rupert, architect
- Prof. Dr. Raminta Jurėnaitė – art critic
- Dr. Irmantas Norkus – managing partner of the law firm COBALT in Lithuania
- Lina Lapelytė – artist, musician, winner of the Golden Lion of Venice Art Biennial for Best National Pavilion (opera-performance Sun & Sea, along with R. Barzdžiukaitė and V. Grainytė).
- Eric Schlosser – curator, head of the Georgian art fair Tbilisi Art Fair, former art director of ArtVilnius.
ArtVilnius’20 best seven galleries (in alphabetical order))
- Baroti galerija, Klaipėda district Artists’ Association’s gallery (Lithuania) was distinguished for mature high-quality art.
- Eka gallery, of the Estonian Academy of Arts for its strong works by young artists.
- Galerie Nivet-Carzon (Paris, France) was recognized as the best for its irony, non-commercial attitude, and unexpected playfulness.
- Galerija XX (Panevėžys, Lithuania)
- Pilot, the experimental space of the Latvian Academy of Arts (Riga) for having discovered the undiscovered artists.
- The Room (Vilnius, Lithuania) was distinguished for a good selection of excellent paintings.
- The Rooster Gallery (Vilnius, Lithuania) for a professional presentation of international artists.
The Best ArtVilnius’20 Artist
Remigijus Treigys, presented by Baroti galerija, Klaipėda, Lithuania.
For the constant rethinking of the medium of photography in many years of practice
The Best ArtVilnius’20 Young Artist, under 35 (Eur 2,000 prize by Law Firm COBALT, Maecenas of the Fair)
Rūta Spelskytė-Liberienė, presented VDA parodų salės Titanikas.
In her work, the jury noted the concord of scientific and artistic research, a sensitive and fragile approach, bringing back an aesthetic that transcends the boundaries of visual art and includes all the senses.
The Best ArtVilnius’20 Installation
- Rafal Piesliak, installation Garden, from the exhibition of sculptures and installations Takas was chosen for consistent professionalism and contextuality.
- Morfai, installation Bird Boxes, from the exhibition of sculptures and installations Takas was awarded for the entertaining actualization of Kaunas interwar architectural heritage.
- Special mention for the ironic approach and sense of location – Kipras Dubauskas, installation Daynighting, presented by the Center for Contemporary Art in the project zone of the fair.
ArtVilnius’20 Audience Select Gallery (monetary prizes from Volfas Engelman)
Galerie Nivet-Carzon Paris, France
ArtVilnius’20 Audience Select Artist (monetary prizes from Volfas Engelman)
Jurgis Tarabilda, presented by gallery Meno Niša (Vilnius, Lithuania)